Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Pasta dough in the KitchenAid?

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> I've been trying to make more of my own pasta lately which has been fun and
> quite a learning experience.
> Anyway, I'm discovering that I'm having a very hard time kneading the dough
> with my gimpy hand. The surgery I had in May ended up being more extensive
> than we expected and recovery is just not going as well as we had hoped. So,
> I'm wondering if anyone has any experience making the dough in the KitchenAid
> stand mixer? Does it work? is it worth it?
>
> I'm also thinking of getting the pasta roller attachment as well since the
> hand cranking can really do a number on my hand as well.
>
> Thanks

You're better off to make the dough in a food processor. IMNSHO.
Want a lesson or class? I'm available on Saturday. Your house.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."