Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default looking for a recipe for a mustard or vinegar based bar-b-quesauce.

eVe GiiDiiOn wrote:

> I'm looking for a recipe for a mustard or vinegar based bar-b-que
> sauce. Most of the sauces in the store are very bad, even the ones
> suggested by consumer reports. Many have the same kind of flavor
> ingredient ( I don't know what) that I dislike.
> I'd like some kind of tangy mustard or vinegar based sauce, or even a
> tomatoes based sauce if it is good. It would almost have to be better
> then the store brands.
> Thanks
>
> eVe

The best vinegar based BBQ sauce I know of is made by Lexington BBQ in
Lexington, NC. I'm sure they'd ship it. It's quite thin and not at all
like the tomato based products.

Mustard based sauces are indiginous to coastal South Carolina. You might
try Googling up some restaurants in the Charleston area. Many of them
sell and will ship their sauces.

I like the original flavor KC Masterpiece for a tomato based sauce. DH
likes Stubbs brand, a Texas company. Stubbs is low in carbs so it
doesn't create problems for his Diabetes.

Good luck

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation