Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg[_1_] Reg[_1_] is offline

Default salt/cure level for brining at warmer temperature

wrote:

>>You mean, is there a way to determine the right
>>way to do a thing you're never supposed to do?
>>Not that I know of.

> Never supposed to do? Dry curing is done at a fairly high temperature.

Ah well. You've confused the curing stage with the drying
stage. Curing is done at refrigerator temps. Drying, after
the product has been been cured and therefore rendered
safe, can be done at slightly higher temps.

> The brine I use may have the necessary amount of salt and cure to
> accomplish something similar.

You're an idiot. Good luck with it anyway, though.

--
Reg