Siobhan Perricone

Default Alton Brown being stoopid

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:15:49 -0400, "Anthony" > wrote:

>Started to watch Good Eats. About tapenade which Alton Brown described as a
>classic Italian olive paste, ingredients olives, garlic, olive oil improved
>by wheat berries. Idiot!! Thought he knew better; shan't bother with him
>again.

I have seen Alton make mistakes in the past. I don't know what you think
was wrong with this, but probably that's because I'm not a tapenade expert.
But that there was some mistake in his information (or more likely, he was
offering a "common" description/name, not an "expert" one) doesn't change
that his show is fun, he is interesting and fun, and you learn a LOT from
the information he provides. What it's called, and where it's from doesn't
change that it sounds yummy.

BTW, the show wasn't about making any sort of traditional dish, it was
about serving wheat products in flavourful ways, which the recipe he gave
certainly fit.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Ok, I know a whole generation has been raised on a notion of