Charles Gifford

Default Caesar Salad Dressing Question

"Karen O'Mara" > wrote in message
m...
> "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message

thlink.net>...
> > I hope you enjoyed it, but that is not a dressing for Caesar Salad.

Caesar
> > Salad contains no anchovies.

> Charlie, you *do* have your definite battles! Have you thought about
> being a judge on American Idol, or something? You could give that
> relentless Simon a run for his money.
>
> Karen

I wouldn't say battles, but I do feel it important to point out untruths to
people who may not know they are being fed a crock. Caesar's Salad is a
specific dish with specific ingredients by a known chef at a known
restaurant. Any variation from the actual dish renders it
no-longer-that-dish. Call it what else you want, but if you put anchovies or
mayonnaise or chicken or sour cream or whatever, and it is no longer Caesar
Salad so do not call it that. The same goes for "that pasta dish".

Charlie