Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@ij.net is offline

Default Freezing baby backs?

On 21-Oct-2006, "Bo Hica" > wrote:

> After smoking them I mean.
>
> I have 3 racks in the freezer now, in their original packaging (individual
>
> cryovac), bought "pretty much frozen" over the summer and put right in the
>
> deep freeze. My family only needs about a rack and a little for a meal if
>
> we're not having company, so I was considering putting all 3 racks on the
> WSM with a rub, no sauce mop, and then putting the excess (a rack and a
> half
> or so) into vacum seal bags (probably a half rack in each) and freezing
> the
> finished product for a quick meal sometime soon. I've done both tubs and
> vacum bags of pulled pork with fine results, so I assume it should be OK.
>
> Any thoughts on this? Will freezing this "previously frozen" meat be a
> problem? Should I add a little sauce for moisture retention?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Bo

I freeze spares in Vac Bags regularly Bo. Reheat in the sealed bag in
a pot of water until the bag begins to expand from internal steam.
Result is moist product with near original texture. I've had some stuff
stored that way for over a year and it's still good.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)