Biff

Default Caesar Salad Dressing Question

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message thlink.net>...
> "focksfire" > wrote in message
> > Wow, Thanks for the speedy responses!!
> >
> > I did use anchovies, and Worcestershire so I'm happy to hear that it will
> > last. (Probably not longer than tonight since I know I can eat it and

> it's
> > not gone bad. :-)
> >
> > Thanks guys/gals
> > Jane

> I hope you enjoyed it, but that is not a dressing for Caesar Salad. Caesar
> Salad contains no anchovies.
>
> Charlie

Not so, this a favorite.

Biff
Updated Caesar Salad (This means safe, no raw eggs)
Serves 4

Dressing:
1 Tbsp prepared mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco sauce, a few drops
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp capers
10 anchovy fillets (optional)
8 cloves garlic, roasted (see recipe below)
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1-1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Salad:
4 cup Romaine lettuce, torn in lg. pieces
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Put all the ingredients for the dressing, except the olive oil, in a blender and
blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add a little water. Tear washed
Romaine lettuce leaves in large pieces and put in a large salad bowl. Add the
dressing, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss and
serve.
How to Roast the Garlic:
Preheat the oven to 350. Rub each garlic clove with olive oil, put in a small
oven-proof pan and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with aluminum foil
and roast 45 minutes, until soft and lightly browned. Squeeze the garlic from
the skin and serve.