Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Experiment Proposal

Bryan wrote:

> I guess that the null hypothesis will be that there is no difference. I'll
> give it a try. I'm not sure that you believe that my palate is discerning
> enough to notice minor differences or that there will be such a big
> difference that even my palate can see the light. Either way, I get to
> drink some wine in the name of science. My contribution to humanity!

Bryan,
I also think that it's a worthwhile experiment given the discussion
that's occurred today re the role of temperature in oxidation. In the
interests of science, I can conceive of two different experiments. In
one, you simply uncork, leave open for some amount of time, recork and
store before tasting. In the second, you remove some amount from each
bottle before recorking and storing. This would help resolve the
question of how much air exposure is needed before oxidation becomes a
problem.

Mark Lipton