Posted to alt.food.wine
Bryan[_2_] Bryan[_2_] is offline

Default Experiment Proposal

I'm proposing an experiment for this group. I would do it myself, but I
haven't developed a discerning palate yet.

How about a couple of you choose a couple of identical wines. Open each
bottle. Taste each to ascertain equality. Decant half of each bottle for
immediate consumption. Recork each bottle and put one the refrigerator for
3 to 5 days and leave one at room temperature for 3 to 5 days. Remove the
refrigerated bottle and leave it next to the room temp bottle until it has
truly achieved room temp. Reopen each bottle and taste again to ascertain
equality or inequality. Report results to AFW. I'd really like to see your
results. I'll do it, but I'm not sure you'll want to trust my palate.