Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default I Made Them All By Myself!!!!

In article >,
Ward Abbott > wrote:

> On 18 Oct 2006 15:37:08 -0700, "merryb" > wrote:
>
> >I've seen this recipe a number of times now, and am planning on making
> >it sometime soon. So, how was it? As good as it sounds?

> It is an OK cake....but this is marvelous...
>

> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Died-And-Went-To-Heaven Chocolate Cake
>
> cakes, chocolate, desserts
>

> By: Barb Schaller
>

> 1 3/4 cups flour
> 1 cup sugar
> 3/4 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
> 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
> 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
> 1 tsp. salt
> 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
> 1 cup brown sugar
> 2 large eggs; beaten
> 1/4 cup vegetable oil
> 2 tsp. vanilla
> 1 cup hot strong black coffee

Holy cow, Ward! I haven't made this in a while and when I read the
Hershey recipe that Dams posted, "thin batter" rang a bell but I didn't
connect it to the recipe I posted. BTW, it's "my" recipe only because I
posted it (1998 looks like the first time I posted) -- I got it from a
friend at work who got it from Eating Well magazine. As I look at the
recipe, I wonder if Eating Well deemed it low cal because they reduced
the oil from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup. :-) If anyone has the magazine
around, it's from the April 1995 issue, page 14. I wish I knew more
about what they started with before they modified it to this.

The recipe and a pic (not my pic, I'm pretty sure) are on the rfc
unofficial official website he http://tinyurl.com/yclvp6

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."