Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Fresh, egg noodles, how to freeze?

In article >,
"David" <cosmosatnointerbaunspamdotcom> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I will be making some egg noodles tonight, more than I'll need for my dish,
> and need some advice.
> This the recipe I'm using for the noodles:
>
> 2 cups Semolina
> 2 eggs
> 2 Tbsp water
> 1 tsp salt
> 1 1/2 Tbsp corn oil
>
> Thanks for any advice,
>
> David.

Had you considered drying them instead of freezing them? Every January
I make about a year's worth of fine egg noodles for soup use and gifts.
I mix the dough in a food processor so it is very stiff (about like your
recipe, but I don't add any more fat than the eggs provide).
As I cut them (pasta maker) I put them on paper toweling on a wire
cooling rack and set them in front of a heat register to dry overnight.
When they're dry I bag them (Baggie-type) and store in a tin on a pantry
shelf. Works slicker'n snot.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."