Posted to rec.food.cooking
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Your favorite cornbread recipe?

On Oct 15, 11:07 pm, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Sun 15 Oct 2006 08:50:10p, Dawn meant to say...
>

> > Morrison's white cornbread mix. I know, it's from a package. I've never
> > been able to make cornbread that didn't have the taste and texture of sand.If it doesn't have the texture of sand, then it's cake, not cornbread.

> But, then, it becomes a question of "northern" vs. "southern" cornbread. Two
> entirely different animals.
>
> >http://www.cornkits.com/customer/pro...6&cat=1&page=1

> > Morrison's blows the socks off any cornbread I've had anyplace else.Have to admit that I've never seen it nor tried it. It might be different

> than any others I've tried.
>
> > I just made a batch to go with the chili we had for dinner.Obviously, it's a matter of personal preference, not whether it's right or

> wrong. I've never tasted "cornbread" from a mix that really tasted like
> cornbread to me.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

I've never heard of Morrison's either, must be a regional thing. I
pretty much follow Wayne's recipe posted earlier. A skillet of good
cornbread is a thing of beauty, and no flour either.