Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default Your favorite cornbread recipe?

Wayne Boatwright wrote on 15 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Oh pshaw, on Sun 15 Oct 2006 03:49:45p, The Cook meant to say...
>
> > On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:29:14 GMT, (TammyM) wrote:
> >
> >>Fixin' to make some for dinner. Along with the black bean soup as
> >>it's turned out to be a cool enough day for such. So what's your
> >>special cornbread recipe?
> >>
> >>TammyM

> > Here is mine.
> >

> > * Exported from MasterCook *
> >
> > Corn Bread
> >
> > Recipe By :Betty Crocker Cook Book
> > Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
> > Categories : Breads
> >
> > Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> > -------- ------------ --------------------------------
> > 2 eggs
> > 2 cups buttermilk
> > 1 teaspoon baking soda
> > 2 cups corn meal
> > 1 teaspoon salt
> >
> > Heat oven to 450° F. Generously grease 12 muffin cups or corn stick
> > pans or a square pan 9X9X1 3/4". Heat in oven while mixing batter.
> >
> > Beat eggs. Beat in other ingredients with a rotary beater just
> > until smooth.
> >
> > Bake 10 to 15 minutes for corn sticks or muffins; 20 to 25 minutes
> > for corn bread.
> >

> > Copyright: Betty Crocker Cookbook 1960

> Exactly the ingredients and proportions I use, except that I bake it
> in a preheated sizzling hot black iron skillet.
>
> I also use stone-ground cornmeal.

Mine is similar to Wayne's except I add creamed corn and minced green
chiles. I also on occassion add one or all of these as well: grated
cheddar cheese, jalapeno peppers, crumbled bacon; all to taste.