Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_1_] TammyM[_1_] is offline

Default It's cold outside!!!

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:12:50 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:51:20 GMT, (TammyM) wrote:
>
>>BTW: autumn my a*s "-) When was the last time we had an autumn here?
>>It's nice up to about Thanksgiving, then there's a "cold" snap and all
>>the leaves fall from the trees and it's winter. Rain. Fog. Gray.
>>No autumn colors. Bleh. I like the winter, but I miss the autumn
>>season I remember from childhood.

>That's what I am enjoying about being here in NM now. The trees are
>changing colors, the skies are full of hot air balloons, and it is
>starting to stay really nice and crisp here, even during the day. It's
>noon here, and only 63 degrees, with this glorious endless blue sky.
>
>Thinking about your bean soup this week, Tammy. I have all the
>ingredients, and it looks like it might come together quickly enough.
>I can sit at my butcher block and chop some stuff..and my friend can
>do some of the other stuff.. What do you usually serve with this?
>Something easy, I hope.

I'm envious of your weather! Although it's quite lovely and gray and
overcast here, and about the same temp. I'm sitting here typing in a
long-sleeved t-shirt, shorts and Birks. Oh how NorCal of me! :-)

I tend to serve the soup as is. Maybe some nice crusty bread, or if
I'm really ambitious (not happening today!) a sort of Texy-Mexy salad
with corn ships and dressing made of salsa/sour cream.

I've been working my butt off today! Not a bad thing. The house is
pretty damned ship-shape with the exception of 2 rooms (the back room
and my computer room.) All things in good time.

You get that surprise yet? I'm dying to know!

TammyM