Blair P. Houghton

Default Freeze tortillas?

Larry Preuss > wrote:
>Another novice question: can I freeze tortillas without ruining them? I have
>sources of quite fresh tortillas, but can find them only in bulk packages,
>not by count. The two of us would waste most of a package if we could not
>save some for later. Are they freezable?

Do it all the time. Easiest to separate if you put paper towels between
them, but if they're low-fat and not too moist to start with, then when
you want one or two you can usually split them off without thawing.

Nuke them for 10-15 seconds to thaw. Sprinkle with
shredded cheddar-jack cheese (which I also keep in the
freezer), lay them in the toaster oven, wait a few minutes
until things bubble and brown and go crispy, sprinkle with
chopped green chiles, put some salsa in a dish, and it's
quesadilla time!

--Blair
"Okay. Now I'm hungry. Again."