Posted to rec.food.equipment
jes jes is offline

Default Cleaning Viking Rangetop Grill?

Ben wrote:
> Joan, doesn't the fat from normal grilling also drip through to the
> drip tray? If not, then I'm wondering if I've got the thing set up
> correctly. Thanks!
> -- Ben

Eventually, yes, but there are several parts to get their share of
grease on the way to the drip tray. We only used ours a few times for
some fairly greaseless steak, so I'm just not too experienced. (But
still had an awful mess to clean up.)

You might want to check with the Viking manual for set-up. If you
don't have one, maybe there's one on-line.

A cleaning tip someone passed on to me: spray the parts with oven
cleaner and put them in a big plastic bag and seal and leave overnight.

Joan