K. Reece

Default Freeze tortillas?

"Katra" > wrote in message
> In article >, "K. Reece" >
> wrote:
>
> > "Katra" > wrote in message

them? I
> > have

> > packages,

could
> > not
> > > >

> > > I freeze them all the time, but it's a good idea to put some wax paper
> > > between them so that they won't stick together.
> > >
> > > K.

> > I freeze tortillas all the time and I just use a butter knife to pop

them
> > apart. It would take a lot of wax paper to put some between all the
> > tortillas in a stack of 30 tortillas.
> >
> > Kathy
> >

> I buy the fresh ones from Central Market in Austin.
>
> They already have wax paper between them. ;-)
>
> Wax paper is also cheap.
>
> I package ground beef patties the same way.
>
> K.

I buy fresh tortillas too. I have a choice of tortillas from two different
tortilla factories. If you get to the store at the right time of the day
you can get the flour ones still warm. They don't have wax paper between
them and it would be a pain in the ass to put wax paper between each one.
They pop apart with a butter knife just fine after they're frozen. I don't
care if wax paper is cheap, it's a waste of wax paper and time to put wax
paper between tortillas if they pop apart when they're frozen. Just stick
the knife along the edge and give it a little twist and they pop right off
the stack.

Kathy