Seymour Man

Default Wanting professional book advice

Hello,

I am getting serious about my cooking. One thing I would like to have
is some
sort of professional techniques book. It doesnt have to have to have
recipes just techniques.

Right now the book i use the most is Joy of Cooking, but would like
something more advanced.

I am not interested in chapters on running a business, cooking for 25,
etc.

Just strictly techniques.

I have heard of CIA The professional chef and gisslen's book on
professional cooking. What are the differences and would there be
better choices.

Also i have found that for example u can buy a previous edition of
these books on Ebay pretty cheap. Since i am interested in only
techniques would these suffice?

Thanks

Duane