Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Colander & Angel Hair Spaghetti

JoeSpareBedroom scribbled:
> "Dave Smith" wrote:
> > sandi wrote:

> >> Stainless steel wire mesh colander
> >> Search Cooking.com for picture/price if interested.

> > I don't like to use fine screens for draining starchy things. They
> > sometimes get gummed up with a starch and then are a pain in the
> > butt to clean.

To clean sieves (and colanders) use a small scrub brush... veggie
brushes work well.

> A regular colander works just fine.

True, I've never had fine pasta actually slip through the holes of a
colander, a couple of very tips may stick out the hole like maybe a
half inch but that's all.

> Yeah - the screens shred sponges when you try and clean them.

What kind of moron uses a screen to clean sponges?!?!?

Sheldon