Posted to rec.food.equipment
jes jes is offline

Default Cleaning Viking Rangetop Grill?

Ben, I agree. After a couple of those marathon cleaning sessions I put
a warning to my husband of: "out of order" on the thing. He followed
the mfr's directions of keeping the flame on and swiping with wet
cloth. That simply made a horrendous mess dripping through and burning
on to all the underneath parts.

Now I make do with the broiler and the griddle which covers 2 burners.
That thing is really wonderful, as I can cook an entire meal on it.
Keep the back burner on low to keep something warm, and the front on
high.

It cleans up fairly easily and, being black, I don't know if it's
showroom clean or not -- nor do I care.

Joan