Posted to rec.food.cooking
Green Mtn. Griller Green Mtn. Griller is offline

Default So hey, I have a few questions

"Peri Meno" > wrote in message
.net...
> So I've recently rekindled my love affair with cooking, right? Now I'm
> all addicted to the Food Network, watching the shows, always open for
> new recipe ideas and stuff. Anyway, and this has been bothering me, the
> other day it dawns on me that a lot of these cooks, chefs, whathaveyous
> don't use potholders/oven mitts, but instead they use their towels. The
> only one I've seen using cutesy oven mitts is Giada. So what's up with
> that? Is it just not cool to use oven mitts? Should I get rid of mine?
>
> Second question. I've noticed that Rachel uses all these generic
> looking products. Her cans read "Chicken Stock" or "Wild Salmon" or
> whatever. Her spices are "Cumin" or "Turmeric" or xyz... I mean, I
> never see a brand, you know? Does she have people on her staff that
> print up special labels to cover up the brands? I'm just wondering.
>
> And, am I the only one that has a problem with Emeril tossing his
> kitchen rag over his shoulder - brushing it against his dandruffy hair
> every time - and then using the same rag to pull the pizza out of the
> oven? I mean, that's pretty nee-as-tee, don't you think? I wouldn't
> want to be one of those people in the audience that get to eat the
> stuff. Yuck.
>
> Thanks for any insight you could offer,
> Peri

Subscribe to this group: alt.tv.food-network. They love to rip apart
FoodTV and it's "celebrities".

1. Towels are cheaper and safer than mitts.

2. It's an advertising/marketing thing. You'll only see namebrands from
sponsors of the shows, i.e.: Reynolds Wrap. Otherwise, the prop dept.
makes up the labels and/or containers.

3. "And, am I the only one that has a problem with Emeril tossing his
kitchen rag over his shoulder...". No his hair stylist probably bitches
about it also! But, in a few more years, that won't be a problem anymore!
;-)