Posted to alt.food.wine
Jim[_1_] Jim[_1_] is offline

Default TN: Damn Good Burgs and a Toast to Hanky J

On Oct 4, 8:46 am, "DaleW" > wrote:
> thanks for these notes, too.
> I confess when I saw "Hanky J", I wondered if that was a South Park
> character. NOW I get it.
> Bonneau du Martray is consistently stunning (or at least overachieving,
> like the 1997 you brought to our Tokyo offline). I didn't use to be a
> big Chandon d. Briailles fan, but they do overachieve in Corton.

Nope, not Mr. Hanky. You'll note we had no Beaucastel, which would
have been the appropriate toast for him.

This 1991 BdM was significantly better than the 1997, though I was
thinking of the '97 when I ordered the uni dish. I remembered how well
the two went together. The magic was there again. It's a confirmed
good pairing.

Jim