Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] spud98765@hotmail.com is offline

Default Vintage port - leaky bottle : (

Many thanks for your help Mark

We don't exactly know what it is because it was unlabeled (long story)
but we were actually given two bottles, and on opening the first all
the cork said was 'Oporto Cabral 1877' and we believe the second might
be the same thing. The bottle was sealed with an old, short cork and
had black wax over the top. The first bottle was fantastic, so you can
imagine my reaction when I noticed the second one leaking...!!

Do you think we've got a bottle of vinegar on our hands? (and while I'm
here does 'Oporto Cabral' mean anything to you, as it's a bit of a
mystery to us!)