Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default zwieback crumbs?i

Wayne Boatwright wrote on 02 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Oh pshaw, on Mon 02 Oct 2006 01:55:02p, Carol Pickett meant to say...
>
> > Does any one know what zwieback crumbs are? Where can I find them?
> > Can I substitute graham crackers? I can't find them at our store.
> >

> What others have said, Carol...and always in the baby food aisle.
> Depending on how you are going to use them, graham cracker crumbs can
> be substituted for them, although the end result will be a bit
> different. I often use them for cheesecake crusts.

graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, a pinch of both cinnamon and
nutmeg. Makes for a fine cheesecake crust.

You can replace about 1/3 of the crumbs with almond crumbs or even add
flaked coconut.