Arri London

Default wok seasoning?

Sticks wrote:

> hello all.
> i'm looking for a comprehensive guide on properly seasoning a wok (but i
> can't use fat/lard etc because of my 'food politics'
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> sticks

If you aren't going to use any fat at all, then the wok can really best
be used as a steamer. It wouldn't need seasoning in that case.

Normally the wok would be well scrubbed and rinsed, then heated slowly
with some veg oil rubbed into it. After slow cooling it would be
seasoned.

If you are going to use it for fatless stirfrying, just scrub and rinse
the wok and heat it over high heat until the metal changes colour a
little. Let cool. When using it to cook, heat it the same way and start
cooking. Might work.