Red Hook

Default Problem with George Foreman Grill

On 10/6/03 11:54 AM, in article
, "HiC"
> wrote:

> I've tried cooking a couple of steaks on a small George Foreman grill,
> the one that's just about big enough to cook a med-sized steak, but
> find that it just makes the meat tough. These were supposed to be good
> cuts of meat. Is there something I should be doing or is there an
> inherent problem with cooking a steak on one of these?

Take a little pity on the trumpet player, gang. He doesn't get much oxygen.
HiC, here's what you really need to do to improve your cooking on the GF and
impress the ladies:

1. Get an eBay account.
2. Sell the George Forman grill.
3. Buy a Weber Smokey Joe. Really, all you were doing was frying steaks
anyway. Grilled cheese, hamburgers, no problem. But steaks?
4. Cook with fire. Chicks dig fire.
5. When you've mastered the Smokey Joe, get a WSM. Chicks dig fire with
smoke.

Much like Arban, these steps require practice. And beer. But I bet uou got
that part handled, right?

red