Posted to rec.food.cooking
werty werty is offline

Default Christmas Scotch Cookies (aka shortbread cookies)

Cornstarch is thickning ....or is it ?

it rarely gets cooked , cause intent is to thicken .

How does it taste when cooked ?

CORNBREAD !

I love cornbread /tortillas/corn on cob .

so in 1000's of recipes , did they cornstarch it for appearance(
thick)
or flavor ? They wont or cant tell you !

Next question , what does cornstarch NOT taste good with ?
probably few exceptions .