toolguy

Default Pumpkin Chiffon Pie questions

Hi all,

I posted this on rec.food.cooking but just in case, I thought I'd post
it here too.

I'm well known amongst friends and family for my Pumpkin Chiffon pies.
This year I thought to try a couple of new ideas and I'd like to get
feedback please.

1. I thought the pie could be improved with fresh ginger instead of
powdered. The recipe calls for a 1/2 teaspoon of dried. How much
minced fresh ginger would you suggest to sub for the dried? Has
anyone done this and if so, how'd it turn out? Was it an improvement
over the powdered ginger?

2. My recipe whips egg whites to fold in with the pumpkin etc. I read
a recipe on Epicurious which uses whipped whipping cream instead of
egg whites. Sounds like this might be a possible improvement. Any
thoughts on this???

TIA

Neil