Posted to alt.food.wine
jIM jIM is offline

Default FINGER LAKES WINE TASTING

Furious Shepherd wrote:
> "DPM" > wrote in message news:T7kSg.10389$Vk4.1899@trnddc01...
> >
> > "jIM" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> going to cayuga wine trails- which wineries on other lakes are good
> >> ones? Want to try some we haven't been to before.
> >>

> > Here's a few I've enjoyed. I should say that I'm usually only interested
> > in
> > NY Riesling and occasionally Gewurztraminer - I find most non-vinifera
> > wines
> > (with the possible exception of Seyval Blanc) appalling. Occasionally
> > you'll find a drinkable Cab Franc, but most other reds leave a lot to be
> > desired. That said, here's my list:
> >
> > Dr. Konstantin Frank Vinifera Wine Cellars
> > Ravines
> > Heron Hill
> > Standing Stone
> > Hermann J. Wiemar
> > Miles Cellars
> > Lamoreaux Landing (gorgeous tasting room!)
> >
> > HTH,
> > Dean
> >

> A****er is my favorite. However, most of these wineries are on Seneca Lake,
> not Cayuga. I really perfer many of the wineries on Seneca.

Our normal trip is along west side of Cayuga and we hit a few on east
side and south side of Seneca (Castle Gristch is one I know is on
Seneca... it's the last winery we go to on Cayuga trip).

We are leaving one day earlier this year to hit a different lake, so
that is why I asked which wineries on Seneca (or Keuka) others
recomend. What side of lake is A****er on?