Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Dave Allison Dave Allison is offline

Default Wonder Wine kit - Anyone try these?

For anyone that cares, I've decided to try the "Kool-aid" wine mentioned
above. Just an experiment.

I received the kits today - 2 Loganberry, 2 Cherry, and 2 Peach.
The kit has a yeast package, a clearing package, and a larger "kool-aid"
type packet that made a VERY deep color and flavor Loganberry (wow, dark
and smells great).

I followed the instructions for a gallon jug - 5 cups warm/hot water,
4-5 1/2 cups of sugar (I used 5), mix, add 5 cups cool water. mix.
Activate yeast, add to mash. In an hour put into a gallon carboy.

I will update as this unfolds. My first impression - it is kool-aid
wine, I will probably give to my adult daughters (27-30). But who knows
until you try. smile.

--
DAve

p.s. I just started a Papaya (3 large ones) recipe from Jack Keller's
website, so you can tell I like to experiment. I added 4 banana's and a
cup of white raisins to the recipe to up the smoothness.