Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini kilikini is offline

Default Black beans are calling!!

I've literally been drooling over that darn black bean can *all* day. I've
been thinking about what I can do with those tasty things and I've decided
it's either going to be rice, bean and cheese tacos; rice, bean and cheese
tostadas; or rice, bean and cheese, taquitos.

I've got the rice on the stove cooking in water and Mexican seasonings.
(Yes, I use the "real" rice - boil, simmer for 20, let sit 10.) It's
smelling really, really good! When the rice is done, I'm going to add
finely chopped, sauteed onion and garlic.

Now, here's the hard part. Do I stuff the corn tortillas, roll and fry? Do
I fold them and fry to make a crispy taco shell? Or, should I fry the
tortillas flat? (Keep in mind these are kind of old tortillas - they
crumble if not fried.)

I've got sauce, sour cream, lettuce, cheese and black olives to work with.
Decisions, decisions!

kili <----- already salivating over dinner and I don't know what I'm really
making yet!