Posted to alt.food.wine
lynsam lynsam is offline

Default FINGER LAKES WINE TASTING

"jIM" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> lynsam wrote:
>> "jIM" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> > going to cayuga wine trails- which wineries on other lakes are good
>> > ones? Want to try some we haven't been to before.

>> Which have you visited before? Which of the other Lakes can you get to?
>> What wines do you like (Labrusca, Fr-Amer Hybrids, Vinifera)?

> Castle Gritsch, Lucas and Knapp are among the wineries of choice.
> Goosewatch, Swedish Hill and Hazlitt are others we've been to.
>
> Just looking for anything different... as some wineries may not be
> listed online, and we are planning a November trip now.

Well, you have covered the vitis labrusca and the French-American hybrids.
Hazlitt 1852 does have some vitis vinifera unless you spent too much time
with the Red Cats :-).

If you stay on the west side of Cayuga, you might try Sheldrake Point and
Hosmer for some Riesling, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Franc. On the east side
of Seneca, you might try Standing Stone and Wagner.

Enjoy your trip and exploration of wineries.