Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_1_] Joseph Coulter[_1_] is offline

Default TN:'03 Lois and '02 Nero D'Avola

Mark Lipton > wrote in news:4umdnY9Dx7MJ-
:

> 2003 Loimer "Lois" Grner Veltliner
>
> nose: initially reticent, developing good varietal (green pea)

character
> with some minerality in evidence
> palate: lightweight GV, decent concentration, crisp and refreshing
>
> A good match with the prawns and a good aperitif wine, this showed

fine
> acidity for an '03 white. Not a complex GV by any means, but a very
> decent wine for the price ($22 on the wine list). It went down all

too
> easily, considering that we were moving to red for the main courses.

Mark, is this the Lois that comes in a green labeled bottle with LOIS
prominent and a stelvin closure? If it is I think it is a great QPR wine
as I get (more recent bottlings) for around 10USD. I wish I had some
right now so I could provide some label info.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations