Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester Puester is offline

Default Apple Crisp

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I think the most interesting thing I learned about apples in the last
> year is that, regardless of pedigree, they will taste different
> depending on where they are grown. I suppose it makes sense,but I'd
> never thought about it at all. Guy was saying that the Honeycrisps are
> grown in Washington but they're not the same as where they were born.

Very true. We used to love picking MacIntosh and Cortlands at the
orchard when we lived in New England. Since moving to Colorado, I've
found Michigan MacIntosh that are mealy and tasteless. I don't think
I've seen the Cortlands at all. The tastiest apples we can get locally
are Galas and Fijis.

gloria p