Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Apple Crisp

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/688378.html
> > http://www.startribune.com/535/story/688159.html

> Interesting! I loved this line, it seems to describe you Minny-Soda
> folks so well:
>
> "Horace Greeley used to write articles to encourage people to go west,
> but he wrote, 'Go west, but don't go to Minnesota, because you can't
> grow apples there,' Stushnoff said. There were a lot of proud
> Scandinavian folks who said, 'We'll see about that.' "

From the people who brought you, "That's different," and "It's pretty
good."

> http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossary.asp?id=36470
>
> Sounds wonderful! I'll have to look into that one. Thanks for
> the info, Barb... :-)

I think the most interesting thing I learned about apples in the last
year is that, regardless of pedigree, they will taste different
depending on where they are grown. I suppose it makes sense,but I'd
never thought about it at all. Guy was saying that the Honeycrisps are
grown in Washington but they're not the same as where they were born.
And I love that the U is making boatloads of bucks on licensing the
patent application.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller