Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Apple Crisp

In article >,
unge (Litttle Malice) wrote:

> One time on Usenet, Melba's Jammin' > said:
>
> > I'm about to make some for dinner tonight. I don't know what "dinner"
> > is going to be yet, but we're having apple crisp after it! Will see if
> > I can get it put together in the time it takes to preheat the oven.

> What kind of apples will you use? I'd make an apple crisp if I could
> find some Gravensteins, but I don't have time to go out to the farms
> this week.

I'm partial to Haralsons. They are abundant, a great pie apple, and
reasonably priced. They were born here 84 years ago. Here are links to
a couple of stories about apple development at the U of MN

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/688378.html
http://www.startribune.com/535/story/688159.html
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ