Frogleg

Default Cooking "cheats" for the time challenged...

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:44:00 GMT, "Jeffrey P. Vasquez"

>> We assume you mean doubling the marinade recipe, not marinating A and
>> transferring the liquid to B.

>Double the mileage, not the marinade.
>
>Before I assume from your tone that this is going to be another
>microbiology discussion ...

Hmmm. Drain marinade from substance A and pour over B? I don't think
so. No elaborate microbiology here. Just standing time and common or
garden bacterial growth.

>Try transferring a fish marinade to a cut of beef.

Not on your life. I'm aware that Worcestershire sauce contains
fermented anchovies, but I'm thinking it's under more controlled
conditions than just letting fish rot in a corner somewhere.

While I do think that some current food caveats are over the edge, the
idea of combining a chicken that has been bathed with 10,000 others in
a cool-water bath, my carefully constructed herb/acid marinade, and
then pouring that on a piece of beef makes me gag. The chicken
marinade will, I hope, be rendered reasonably sanitary by grilling. I
would no more use the marinade on another food than I'd rinse my hands
and drain the water over a meat roast.