Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default This week's tailgating

"Doug Weller" > wrote

> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:02:56 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>>This week it was ribs. Must be because of the late start, I saw that
>>other people brought ribs, too. Plenty of burgers and hotdogs on
>>the grill, too.

> In practical terms, how does 'tailgating' work now? Sounds like you were
> sitting in stands rather than on the tailgate of a car. It's a long time
> since I've seen a car with that sort of tailgate.

Oh, no, you hang out in the parking lot before the game. Or, for a
lot of people, during. Usually people set up tables, grills, etc.
Sometimes it's pretty elaborate. I saw one group had hired a
caterer who wore his chef jacket and everything.

Usually people have a bar set up, even if it's just a cooler.

> In the UK, tailgating is driving too close to the car in front.

True here, as well.

nancy