Old 17-09-2006, 01:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default This week's tailgating

"Doug Weller" wrote

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:02:56 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, Nancy Young
wrote:

This week it was ribs. Must be because of the late start, I saw that
other people brought ribs, too. Plenty of burgers and hotdogs on
the grill, too.

In practical terms, how does 'tailgating' work now? Sounds like you were
sitting in stands rather than on the tailgate of a car. It's a long time
since I've seen a car with that sort of tailgate.

Oh, no, you hang out in the parking lot before the game. Or, for a
lot of people, during. Usually people set up tables, grills, etc.
Sometimes it's pretty elaborate. I saw one group had hired a
caterer who wore his chef jacket and everything.

Usually people have a bar set up, even if it's just a cooler.

In the UK, tailgating is driving too close to the car in front.

True here, as well.

nancy