Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default "collateral included deaths in organic rice production [faq]"

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:04:26 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>> >Unlike you, I don't lie.

>> There are no decent sites about the Inner Earth fantasy.

>Really? What research have you done on the subject?

I've asked you who consider yourself knowledgeable about the
subject, and you can't provide any so I take that to mean there
are none even though you lie about it. Actions speak louder than
words as they say, and that's especially true in your case. The
fact that you CAN NOT perform the simple act of supplying links
to decent sites, "speaks" much more clearly and honestly than
your apparently dishonest claim of being able to do so. Duh.

>If your search "grass fed cow milk Inner Earth Beings kill" is
>any indication, you really need to work on your search strings.

>> >In Texas? Show us.

>Helloooooo....

We've seen that there are plenty of frogs in rice fields, and so have
no reason to believe they aren't in rice fields in Texas. We have a first
hand report of them from a Texas rice farmer, and absolutely NO reason
not to believe him. It's about time for YOU to do something other than
just deny it. We have NO reason to believe YOU, so now it's time for
YOU to try to provide one. Explain why you want us to believe there
are frogs in rice fields, but not in Texas. Go:

>> >Areas that are allowed to dry, and harvested twice a year?

>> Which harvest would have less frogs? Explain the difference
>> between the two.

>The one allowed to dry. One supports frogs, the other doesn't.

>> >Let's see your documentation of hundreds of thousands in Texas rice fields.

>> 10,000 killed on a road in Florida one night certainly suggests
>> it's more than likely. In opposition to it, all we have is an "ara" from
>> a completely different country and environment, who can't imagine
>> how it could be true.

>Frogs migrate - a fact that seems to have escaped you in the past.
>
>Roads have lots of cars speeding along them.. Give it up, david.

Not yet. Now I'm curious why you think these frogs you claim don't
exist are killed by cars, but not by harvesters and predators after harvest.
Explain:

>> >Yes, there are.

>> They most likely never even left the opium den.

>diderot probably had his vision of "green waterfalls" in texan rice fields there.

>> >More than once.

>> LOL! I mean: Do it "again"...lol...but there is no such thing, so
>> you can't.

>I could,

Apparently not...

>but I choose not to.

....LOL, and your lying about it doesn't fool anyone, or even make you
look any better.

>> >About this topic.

>> >Quote?

>Straight away I can see that this is not from Lundberg's email.
>> __________________________________________________ _______
>> A collection of articles by scientists who are experts in
>> their field, AMPHIBIANS AND REPTILES: STATUS AND CONSERVATION
>> IN FLORIDA speaks openly of "persecution" and "extirpation,"
>> of some reptiles, particularly Box Turtles, Gopher Tortoises
>> and Common Kingsnakes. Scientific abbreviations like "DOR"
>> stand for "Dead on Road," and mean the myriad squashings of
>> frogs, lizards, turtles and snakes beneath our chariot wheels.
>> Some roads, like U.S. 441 across Payne's Prairie in Alachua
>> County, and the Tamiami Trail that runs across Florida from
>> Miami to Tampa, are virtual abattoirs, greased with the gory
>> little bodies of "anurans," as frogs and toads are called
>> scientifically. "On Aug. 5, 1991 I stopped counting after
>> 10,000," biologist Jim Weimer said in a 1996 interview,
>> describing a single night on U.S. 441 across Payne's Prairie.
>> "This was just one night. On May 2, 1991, there were over
>> 5,000 Southern Leopard Frogs killed."
>>
>> http://www.cnah.org/news.asp
>> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

>No mention of rice fields there. Why aren't there?

Because it's not about rice fields, but it is about frogs getting
killed on a highway. Are you now going to claim Lunberg and
the authors of the above are lying about frogs getting killed on
highways too?

>Your turn.

diderot did explain that chemicals kill frogs, and that that is a significant
aspect of the issue:

"- conventional agriculture results in many more, but more 'invisible'
deaths. our conventional plot is across the road from our organic plot,
it started out with the same millions and billions of amphibian eggs.
only a few thousand frogs are harvested on the conventional side - they
were all killed off as eggs or tadpoles by agricultural chemicals.

- we manage the whole area (larger than just the farms) is a pretty
natural fashion and we have a lot of wildlife. the number of deaths is,
at least, partially a function of total area population. we could
reduce the number of visible deaths by flogging the ecology, but we
prefer life and cycle-of-life over a sterile monoculture."

and it's easy enough to find evidence of that. Unless pesticides
somehow don't kill frogs in rice fields, the following gives us reason
to believe that they do:

Results 1 - 10 of about 301,000 for pesticides frogs kill.

Corn Pesticides in Combination Kill Frogs & Threaten Public Health
Organic Consumers Association is a consumer advocate for labeling of genetically engineered food. We
promote organic food and sustainable agriculture.
http://www.organicconsumers.org/food...rogs060208.cfm - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Mixtures of pesticides kill tadpoles.
This paper demonstrates that environmentally-relevant exposures to mixtures of pesticides undermine
the immune system of developing leopard frogs, ...
http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/NewSc...hayesetal.html - 35k - Cached - Similar
pages

Our Stolen Futu Frog tadpoles much more vulnerable to carbaryl ...
It is highly likely, therefore, that current regulatory science even in its simplest form (does
a pesticide kill) has dramatically underestimated the ...
http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/NewSc...eaandmills.htm - 24k - Cached -
Similar pages

news @ nature.com - Pesticide cocktail kills US frogs ...
Pesticides used by US corn growers are combining to kill off the country's native frogs. Research
shows that commonly used pesticides, fairly harmless by ...
http://www.nature.com/news/2006/0602.../060206-4.html - Similar pages

ScienceDaily: Pesticide Combinations Imperil Frogs, Probably ...
The pesticide brew in many ponds bordering Midwestern cornfields is not only affecting ... Some
chytrid species are known to kill frogs in large numbers by ...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0202180830.htm - 76k - Cached - Similar pages

Nature Canada • Spring 2005
It could kill developing frogs, slow metamorphosis, and create abnormal sex organs. Formulations of
other brand name glyphosate pesticides were less toxic. ...
www.cnf.ca/magazine/spring05/sentinnels.html - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Pesticides, Worms May Gang Up on Frogs -- Kaiser 2002 (712): 2 ...
Since 1995, frogs with missing, malformed, or extra limbs have been spotted ... the frog
deformities, suggests that pesticides would also weaken or kill the ...
sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/2002/712/2 - Similar pages

[PDF] Pesticide Threats to Endangered Species: Case Studies
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Disruption of Habitat: Minute amounts of many pesticides kill aquatic ... Pesticides Contaminate
Frog Tissues: Even frogs collected from high in the Sierra ...
www.pesticide.org/counterpartflyer.pdf - Similar pages

High Country News -- March 29, 2004: Pesticides are killing frogs
Poppycock" (HCN, 7/7/03: Pesticides killing Frogs? ... affects sexual development and behavior in
frogs, at levels far below those that kill frogs outright. ...
http://www.hcn.org/servlets/hcn.Arti...ticle_id=14661 - 271k - Cached - Similar pages

Study offers clues to loss of state
Most of the pesticides found in the frogs and their adjacent waters are short-acting and break down
within a week. The pesticides do not necessarily kill ...
http://www.mindfully.org/Heritage/CA...Amphibians.htm - 10k - Cached - Similar pages