Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Brisket cut?

"jay" > wrote

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:34:39 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

>> Oh, I just *love* brisket, but I have never made BBQ. Yes, it's true.

> OMG!! Hopefully you have some good BBQ joints in your area.

Not that I know of. I see myself getting into BBQ myself one of these
days.

>> (and I am talking about corned beef that you buy, I have never corned a
>> brisket myself, you are on your own for that)

> OK, I thought you were *corning*(?) it. I have never tried that one
> either.

Truth be told, fresh brisket is not easy to come by, here. I had to
really look around to find it, at times I was not successful. I have since
seen the whole brisket at Costco.

No doubt Penzey's has a corned beef spice mix, perhaps you could
see what they put into theirs. Me, I just buy it corned. Heh.

nancy