Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

Default Brisket cut?

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:06:13 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> I usually look for the flat cut, not the point cut. If I remember
> correctly, it's been a while. Now I see it being advertised as
> thin cut. Do I want that cut? I'm thinking of making corned beef
> and cabbage today.
>
> nancy

The first cut or flat cut is leaner and commonly used for corned beef.
That is probably what they mean by thin cut. You could use either. I have
not noticed the point cut in the grocery store meat markets in our area
(TX). We always buy the whole brisket or packer cut for BBQ. Plenty of fat
cap is good for BBQ. Do you have a good recipe for corned beef?