Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
[email protected] frlpwr@flash.net is offline

Default "dead-frog numbers [was: faq collateral included deaths in organic rice production]"

wrote:
> __________________________________________________ __________
> From: diderot >
> Subject: dead-frog numbers [was: faq collateral included deaths in organic rice production]
> Newsgroups: alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animal s,rec.food.veg

> actually, feral, your thrown-away cat dissertation(s) was the catalyst
> (intended) for this faq. it is no secret i think you have the reasoning
> ability of a juvenile turnip, and your philosophy is dumber still, but:
> you are consistent, your philosophy is coherent if silly, and what you
> wrote had the ring of truth - you knew your subject and it was pretty
> obvious you were not cooking the books with your observations and
> anecdotes.

Unlike you and your "green waterfall" evidence, I did not rely on
anecdotes alone to convince anyone of my claim that cat predation plays
a very minor role in the decimation of avian populations. I have
repeated posted the findings of global studies on the stomach contents
of feral cats, (US: Nillson, Sperry, McMurray. New Zealand: Hubbs,
Conan. Australia: Brunner. Europe: Leyerhaussen. Pac. Islds: Van
Aarke. Africa: App. and others). These studies showed that birds
constitue less than 8% of feral cats' diets. Further, the average is
skewed by study results from Pacific Islands where there are no rodent
populations and cats, by necessity, must hone their bird catching
skills or die.

As for your opinion of my philosophy, I think it's fair to let others
here know that you first appeared in this newsgroup as a trophy hunter,
bragging about the thrill of killing African big game on safari. Your
description of death in the rice fields was meant to force vegans to
share in the bloodletting that you so clearly enjoy.