Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking noodles

Oh pshaw, on Wed 13 Sep 2006 05:05:00a, Phred meant to say...

> In article >, biig > wrote:
>>
>> When a recipe calls for 2 cups cooked noodles, how much dried should
>>I cook?....tia...Sharon

> Let's see, in summary the answers to date include:
>
> 1 cup (Barb)
>
> 1.5 ounces dry gives about 1 cup cooked (Wayne)
>
> A little over 2 cups (Dave)
>
> At least 3/4 cup (-L)
>
> Almost 2 cups (your own empirical results :-)
>
> HTH -- But all those bloody experts have left me a tad confused! ;-)
>
> Cheers, Phred.

It also will vary somewhat by the specific noodle being cooked. Also, the
typical flat egg noodle does not expand as much as most pasta types.

In the US, at least, packages list a serving or portion in dry ounces or
grams as well as the equivalent cooked volume measurement in cups.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Everything in our favor was against us.