Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Todd Talsma[_1_] Todd Talsma[_1_] is offline

Default Wonder Wine kit - Anyone try these?

Dave,

The kit contains everything you need except sugar and water. It's a dry
kit and you disolve the flavor and the sugar in warm water, put it in
your carboy, add cool water and then pitch the yeast (included in the
kit). These kits are a little different than the juice kits that I've
done. You just let them keep bubbling until they stop. The
instructions give you general guidelines as to how much sugar to add for
the ending batch of wine to come out dry, semi-dry, semi-sweet or sweet.
You don't check SG to determine if the wine is finished. You just let
it bubble away. The first batches that I did, I did the most sweet that
I could. We like sweet wines and they turned out a little too sweet. I
backed off a little and these last 2 batches were pretty good. The kit
has a packet of "fermentation stopper" (I can't remember exactly what it
is) and a clarifier. My wife likes to call these the "Koolaid Wine"
batches! ;^)

Like I said before, I just finished up a 3 gallon batch of Loganberry &
Peach. When I added the clarifier, I used a stirrer in my portable
drill and it worked great! Cleared the wine better than ever! I'm
going to be starting another 3 gallon batch of the Loganberry and a 3
gallon batch of the Cherry shortly.

Oh, you're correct about using 1 kit per gallon, so if you want to make
a 3 gallon batch, get 3 kits!

Todd

Dave Allison > wrote in
: