Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh[_1_] Pete Romfh[_1_] is offline

Default Lemon Chews

Julie Bove wrote:
> I should start by saying this isn't my own recipe. I got it from a raw

food forum. It does require a dehydrator. If you don't have
> one, you could try baking these at a very low temp, or simply rolling

them in balls, then in some extra coconut, putting them in the fridge and
> calling them truffles.
> If you do this, you may also need to add some extra coconut to the batter

if they seem too runny. This recipe also calls for agave nectar or honey.
> I've been using the agave nectar with no BG problems but I also put in

about 1/2 of what it calls for. I like them very tart. If you are not a
raw
> foodist you could sub in whatever sweetener you like, but if it is not in

liquid form, you would need to add a bit of water if the mixture seems too
> dry. It's a very forgiving recipe and next to impossible to screw up. I

added too much coconut the first time and it still came out fine.

== recipe snipped and saved =====

Thanks for sharing, this looks very interesting. I'll dig out the dehydrator
and give it a try later this week. I'll have to pick up some mesh sheets
(which I've been wanting to do anyway).

I liked the idea of forming letters. Our granddaughter is 2 1/2 and starting
to learn the alphabet. These would make a fun, healthy, treat. I've already
done letters and numbers with animal cracker dough and double-strength Jello
but this looks even better.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh