Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default "collateral included deaths in organic rice production [faq]"

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:47:29 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>> >Yeah... like in Texas flowing streams are swarming with frogs .. Rotfl!

>> Some are.

>There may be quite a few along the banks, and in stiller, shallow water..

They might be bumping into each other in Texas. You don't know.

>> Here's something else you can't comprehend: there are
>> sometimes tadpoles too. Something else you won't be able to grasp:
>> there is often still water behind the flood gates where eggs are laid
>> and tadpoles hatch and live, and when the gate is opened the eggs
>> and tadpoles are swept along with the water.

>Sure.. there are hundreds of thousands of eggs and tadpoles -right there-.

I'm not clinging to any number like you appear to be. A significant
amount is what I get from diderot's account, and I don't really care
what the actual estimated number are.

>(Describe these 'flood gates', dh@. How do they operate exactly?)
>
>And, sadly for you, frogspawn and young tadpoles cling to plants:

Sometimes to things that float, or get washed loose by current.

.. . .

>> >Of course.

>> Which ones?

>The billions of livestock killed;

They should all be provided with decent lives and humane deaths,
and then it would be okay.

>the wildlife directly slaughtered as 'predators', 'competitors', and 'pests';

They need to go anyway, livestock or not.

>the collateral deaths in 30 million hectares of feed..

If we don't have to worry about deaths in rice fields, we sure don't
have to worry any about that.