NorMinn

Default Ceramic (glass) cooktops--Which pots can be used?

> I would think that the smaller lighter pots that you can put down on the
> surface without sliding would be OK. The biggest feature of a pot on a
> ceramic top is that the bottom is flat. I think that any of the Creuset pots
> would meet that requirement.
>
> Charlie

We have a solid surface, old JennAire. I hate it. Also hate the
sandwiched stainless/copper cookware. Most of our cookware is getting
old, and none perfectly flat on bottom any longer. A pan with the slightest
bulge will give hot spots, to the extent that stuff boiling in water
will "sizzle" when the water is drained off. Just recently had a pan
lose it's copper layer - came off on the stove ) I'll take anodyzed
aluminum and gas any day ) Absorbs heat and conducts far better than
what I am using now.