Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default "collateral included deaths in organic rice production [faq]"

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 22:37:52 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>
> ><dh@.> wrote in message ...
> >> On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:54:22 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

> ><..>
> >>
> >> LOL. I mean: Why would they be in "the field margins", and how
> >> would they get there?

> >Why wouldn't they? They like humid areas with still shallow pools.
> >Margins left untouched would provide permanent habitat for frogs.

> >> I don't believe you, but would like to see you try.

> >I'm not giving it to you again.

> You lied to begin with, and are now desperately though pathetically
> trying to support your lying.

Unlike you, I don't lie.

> >> You're the only person I've ever known of to think so. Do you
> >> always believe that btw, or do you sometimes think they don't
> >> exist like you sometimes think there are no frogs in rice fields?

> >You mean, like you believe in a biblical plague of frogs in rice fields.

> That's because of a number of people who have reported them,

In Texas? Show us.

> plus having seen many frogs in different environments similar to
> rice fields.

Areas that are allowed to dry and then harvested twice a year?

> The only thing I've seen trying to oppose the occurrence
> is you who have no clue wtf you're trying to talk about, and one or
> two other "aras".

Let's see your documentation of hundreds of thousands in Texas rice fields.

> >There are many written accounts by explorers, researchers and others.

> No there are not.

Yes, there are.

> >No video that I'm aware of, sorry, but I did link to an unusual photo.

> Nope.

More than once.

> . . .
> >> You emphatically stated that you "don't think that 'they' are there!"
> >> Now you're amusingly trying to pretend differently.

> >'they', as in the hundreds of thousands alleged - "the green waterfall".

> >> How many? How could you possibly have any clue? Present some
> >> info from a reliable source to back up your absurd sounding claim.

> >I have backed up logical common sense

> Maybe, but not about this topic.

About this topic.

> >with an email from a bona fide
> >organic rice-farmer. -You- have yet to support your fantastical claim.

> The email you presented turned out to back up diderot's claim.

Quote?

> >> The only thing to suggest that diderot lied is YOU, and you're insane.
> >> YOU need to explain why frogs and tadpoles could not get into rice
> >> fields when they are flooded with water from rives and/or creeks.

> >I have explained. Rivers and creeks - deep moving bodies of water - aren't
> >teeming with frogs! Not even in Texas. Frogs live in still, shallow pools.

> You just can't comprehend the fact that there are still pools in rivers and
> creeks, and that they exist behind closed flood gates.

And right there, there are hundreds of thousands of frogs, spawn and tadpoles?

> >> So you're saying that people should give no thought to cds involved
> >> with any type of crop production? How about wood and paper production?
> >> Construction of roads and building? Mining operations? Production of
> >> electricity?

> >Yes, it is documented, where or when it occurs.

> Let's see some evidence of that.

Results 1 - 10 of about 819,000 for pesticides bird kill.

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,590,000 for pesticides fish kill.

> >If such a major thing
> >as you are claiming happens, it would most certainly be documented.

> Let's see some evidence of that too.

See above.

> >I still don't see

> You see nothing, and care even less.

Baseless insults and lies will get you nowhere.

> >these alleged hundreds of thousands. Do you?

> __________________________________________________ _______
> Fish, frogs, snails, insects, and other aquatic organisms that thrive in
> conjunction

--restore--

"in conjuction" means 'joined to'. In the areas described below,
harvesting is manual, and therefore the wildlife can thrive as the
fields and surrounding areas will serve as an established habitat.

If you went in there with a mechanic harvester, yes, you'd likely
get your "green waterfall" - once. > That's an ecosystem gone.

--end restore--

Why did you snip that, dh@? I think you need to address it.