Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default "collateral included deaths in organic rice production [faq]"

On 7 Sep 2006 13:42:44 -0700, wrote:

>dh@. wrote:
>> >
>> > ..sigh... Grievous work, attempting to make smart remarks to folks
>> >who don't appear to use their 'smart' setting.

>> There's nothing smart about denying cds in crop production, and
>> especially in rice production. Instead there's only stupidity, ignorance,
>> and extreme dishonesty.

> Yes, that is true. I'm not making light of your concern over the
>deaths of other species, but thought, wrongly, it seems, that you would
>realize that I was making an ironic remark at the illogicality of
>admitting that amphibians die in organic rice fields, while pretending
>they don't die in the much larger commercial fields.

I've been dealing with the ignorance, absurdity and dishonesty of
"animal rights" idiots for years. So what could very well be a witty
sarcastic remark could also very well be taken as just another example
of "ar" idiocy, if one person doesn't really know where the other
person is coming from. Since most of the people participating in the
ngs I deal with are "ar" freaks, I tend to expect idiocy to be the case
more often then sarcasm. The idiot "pearl" for example has claimed
that the frogs don't exist, explained how she "thinks" the frogs she
doesn't think exist manage to survive when the fields are drained,
riduculed the fact that frogs, eggs and tadpoles can be washed
into rice fields when they are flooded using river or creek water,
and suggested that the frogs she claims don't exist live and
reproduce in the field margines returning to them when the fields
are dried. With ding bats like that around, and others supporting
the idiocy, I tend to expect the worst because that's the norm
when dealing with "aras".

> Ok, there it is. That's my third try at a comment on this subject.
>If this one doesn't work, I give up. The frogs are on their own.
> Well, except for the frogs on our property, where they are treated
>as worthy fellow critters who have as much right to be there as we do.

So far I don't really know where you're coming from or what
your position is on this. If you farm rice, I'd be interested in what
you have to say regarding details about the whole thing. Also if
you're a farmer, would you agree that some livestock have lives
of positive value and some don't, and that their lives should be
given as much consideration as their deaths?