Posted to alt.food.wine
Timothy Hartley[_2_] Timothy Hartley[_2_] is offline

Default books on Burgundy and Bordeaux

In message .com>
"cwdjrxyz" > wrote:

> Jim Mehl wrote:
>> Many years ago my favorite books on Burgundy and Bordeaux were
>> The Wines of Burgundy by H.W. Yoxall and The Wines of Bordeaux
>> by Edmund Penning-Rowsell. These books are out of print and way
>> out of date. Does anyone have any current favorites?

> I like COTE D'OR by Clive Coates M.W. which has a copyright of 1997. It
> is about 1000 pages long, but easy to read and navigate.
>
> I also like THE WINES OF BORDEAUX also by Clive Coates with a copyright
> of 2004. It is over 700 pages long and well organized. The Parkerites
> likely will want one of Parker's books.

I would add Anthony Hanson‘s Burgundy which, although again somewhat
out of date, is great for finding good value. The Bordeaux Atlas by
Duijker & Broadbent is in the same league in my view. There is
really no substitute for Cocks & Feret for the basic facts rather than
opinion.

Tim